This is one of my favorite recipes my mom made a lot in high school. It is super easy and makes good leftovers!
- 1/2 lb ground turkey breast
- 16 oz. can fat free refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 oz canned mild diced green chilis, drained
- 1 t. chili powder
- 3 T. scallions
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 large burrito size wheat flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 13×9 inch baking dish with Pam.
- In a large skillet, add turkey until lightly browned.
- Drain excess liquids from skillet and add beans, salsa, chilis, chili powder, and scallions.
- Cook until heat through then stir in cheese.
- Assemble chimichangas by spooning about 1 cup of turkey mixture into each tortilla.
- Fold in sides and roll up.
- Place chimichangas, seam-side down, in prepared baking dish.
- Bake until tortillas are crisp, about 20 minutes.
Serve with salsa, sour cream, and avocados.